- This week there will be services for the Holy Hierarch and Wonderworker Nicholas. Monday evening there will be Vigil at 6:00pm and Tuesday morning there will be Divine Liturgy at 7:00am.
- On Saturday December 23 at 5pm there will be a Panikhida for the departed servant of God Robin Barnabus Welch on the one year anniversary of his repose. The following week, on Wednesday December 27th at 11am there will be a Panikhida for the departed handmaiden of God Tamara Zaharek on the one year anniversary of her repose. On Sunday December 24th there will be a Panikhida served for the handmaiden of God Olga Chichkanova at our sister parish in Palo Alto immediately following the liturgy there.
- Mark your calendars! Monday, December 25th is our parish feast day… honoring our beloved heavenly intercessor - St Herman of Alaska! The Vigil service will take place Sunday evening, December 24th at 5:30pm. The following morning, all should plan to arrive and be ready to greet the Archbishop when he arrives at 9:30am. We have so much to be thankful for at St Herman’s… let us show our gratitude to both St Herman and to our Archbishop KYRILL for all their prayers and blessings by arranging our schedules to attend our feast day celebrations. Our festal meal will take place at St Mark’s Lutheran Church following the Liturgy. A heartfelt thanks to those who responded to the call for help to prepare dishes for this event… We will still need assistance to make sure everything is cleaned up, so please don't hesitate to ask how you can help in the week to come or on that day. Let’s all pitch in to make this day a success!
- The electronic sign up for the fourth quarter of the year is now live and can be accessed here. We ask that parishioners host Fellowship Hour once per quarter or four times per year in order to ensure weekly fellowship as a church family as well as providing hospitality for our guests. NOTE: We need people to sign up for the next two Sundays! A list of Fellowship Hour responsibilities may be found here.
- Our choir needs new members. If you have musical abilities and have considered joining the choir, this would be a great time to do it. Joining the choir is a commitment and has certain requirements, so please talk with choir director Nadia Temple to see if this will work for you!!
- You can save this date! Next year's camping trip will be Thursday May 31-Sunday June 3 and will again be held at the Our Lady of Kazan Church site in Guerneville. Programs/meals will officially begin Friday night June 1. Camping space will again be limited to 40, with option to stay off site if desired. This is again the weekend after Pentecost.
- 2018 Wall Calendars have arrived! Membership dues include one wall calendar per family at no charge. Please be sure to check in at the candlestand to have your name checked off. Additional calendars and calendars for non members are $5 and are available at the candlestand.
- Each Saturday at 4pm Father Martin holds a spiritual talk in the church hall. Each Wednesday night at 7pm the Akathist Hymn to the Mother of God 'Pantanassa' will be served to pray for all those suffering from cancer.
- You are welcome to stay at fellowship hour as long as you like but please, if you are the last to leave on Sundays please make sure that the side gate on Beemer Ave is locked. Thank you.